New Twist on A Little Black Dress

This last year, I've been working from home much more. And have recently found myself in a slump of living in sweats, uncombed hair & paint covered shoes.

Being a goal setter, when I realized my new uncomely trend, I decided I need to change things up. I mean, so what, I'm working from home and raising eight kids - where in the motherhood book does it say that means I shouldn't dress cute every day?

Now don't get me wrong. I don't believe our outward appearance makes us who we are. Not at all!! But, there is something to be said about the way our grandparents lived. They did NOT go to to town in pajamas, and I don't believe sweats existed when they were young adults. When they got up they got dressed for the day, at least mine did. And when they were kids, if they were going to town they put on gloves and a hat. And women definitely did their hair and makeup prior to going out.

I can't imagine how my grandmother would feel about my sweat clad, paint covered shoe self these days....which is why I have a new goal for this next year.

Look cute. Be something worth coming home to. Turn heads in the grocery store. Set a trend. A trend, where the people in my town want to be courteous enough to the public that they put on more than sweats when they go out. Where the way we dress says "I care about you, so I'm going to look presentable when I'm around you."

As a part of that goal, I have partnered with several different companies this fall. The first is StyleWe. They are a clothing company that absolutely makes me drool. This black dress is from their online shop.

Okay - obviously this is not something I'm planning to wear around the house - but it is something I plan to wear out. I've always loved to get dressed up for an evening out. I have learned over the years if I buy the dress I'll find a reason to wear it. And MOTHER'S we deserve to go out to a nice dinner at least once a month!

We do! You are raising children, creating the future leaders of the world and that is incredibly important, hard, and very exhausting work. You deserve a nice dress, and if your husband won't take you out, go out anyway. Invite your friends, go out alone, read a book in a coffee shop, it doesn't matter what you do. But take the time to feel beautiful before you walk out that door, and pamper yourself in a way that fits you best.


About this little black dress

I'm always afraid to order clothing online, but this dress was much more than I expected. I was afraid it would be stiff and extremely fitted - and possibly bulge in areas I didn't want. BUT instead: It was soft, stretchy, and the moment I put it on I felt sexy. Which means I loved it from the get go. If a dress doesn't make me feel beautiful - it's not worth buying or keeping.

The craftsmanship was very good. Invisible side seam zipper & cute pockets. I absolutely love pockets in a dress - in an ideal universe all dresses would come with pockets. Cute little tie in the back to enhance the fit. And did I mention comfortable? It is soft and flowy and made of spandex, rayon, and nylon, which means it won't wrinkle - or show sweat....yes that's a fear post pregnancy. I'm not afraid to say it, I always buy clothes that hide the sweat.
I love the collar detail and the cut of the skirt - which is longer in the back than in the front. This is a dress that could be worn to a casual holiday party or out to a nice dinner. But I think my absolute favorite part are the details on the sleeve.

These cute embroidered
butterflies add just the right color. In addition, the sleeves also have hidden zippers. So if you don't like tight sleeves, they can be unzipped and have a nice look to them that way as well.

And that's it - this is my new favorite little black dress. Goes from casual to fancy, and is more than a simple sheath dress. But most importantly - I feel lovely in it.

Find this dress on StyleWe HERE. Receive 20% off your first order if you download the app HERE

SALE 392*72
I'm looking forward to a year of living in a state of dressed up. I hope you'll join me. Read more about my adventures in mom style here.

Comments

Popular Posts