1 thing you MUST do to Prepare for Labor & Delivery

 Currently pregnant with my 9th child I've done this a few times and know that for most women, the following will make a huge difference in how well your labor and delivery go.

@allsurreal #healthyliving #bigfamily✊✊✊ #pregnancy #pregnancyjourney #pregnancytip #pregnancytiktok #pregnant #pregnantlife #pregnantlife @allsurreal &lttip #1 ♬ NOTHING - Westover

7 of my 8 births to date have gone beautifully. No medication, no IV on most of them. Short labors, no tears, no cuts, no stitches. 

I don't say that to brag but to bring relevance to my experiences. With only 1 of my 8 births (child #6) did I feel like the labor and delivery were more than I could handle. It's the only pregnancy that I got any stretch marks and the only delivery that I asked for an IV and pain medication. I also had a much harder recovery.

What's the secret? Well that 6th pregnancy I was unable to exercise due to an injury and in turn I did not eat healthy foods because with the lack of exercise I wasn't feeling myself and looking for some type of comfort in food.

So what is the 1 thing that you must do to prepare for Labor and Delivery? Exercise!!!

Obviously you want to speak to your doctor or midwife before starting anything new. But typically with a healthy pregnancy it is safe to continue most exercises you were previously participating in.

Some great options if you are just starting to exercise are:

  • Prenatal Yoga
  • Swimming
  • Walking
My favorite online Yoga instructor is Ali Kamenova - and YES she has both prenatal and postpartum classes (that she teaches while pregnant and postpartum). Find more on her prenatal 'Birth is Beautiful' classes here.

Find other tips for Baby, Pregnancy, & Delivery on my blog including what clothing you will actually need and use for new baby, how to get baby sleeping through the night by 3 months old, and more.

Find some of my favorite Maternity Items on my Amazon Storefront 

I hope this blog helps. Follow me on TikTok and/or Instagram for daily and weekly content from an Actress/Model /  Mother of 9 (yes I have 9 kids!)

I share parenting, daily-life, home decor, along with pregnancy, baby and delivery tips and whatever else is currently happening in my life. Thank you for reading. 

Follow AllSurreal on Instagram. 
Subscribe to Graves8 Family Adventures on YouTube




Comments

Popular Posts