G8 Explore Oregon: Visit West Coast Game Park Safari

We made an AMAZING trip to the southern Oregon coast this September. It was just me (mom) and seven of our kids. Dad and Titus were on a two week father/son backpacking trip so I wanted to get the other kids out of the house. During our trip we visited the West Coast Game Park Safari, and it was more amazing than I could ever have imagined. I PET A TIGER!!!! (yes, that is 7 year old Monica speaking)
But, seriously, I pet a tiger!!! I don't think I can express with words how special that was. Not just for me, but for the seven kids with me who ALSO GOT TO PET A TIGER!!!!

Okay, enough about the tiger already. What else can I tell you about the park? It's not cheap, but It's not crazy expensive. It cost me $119 to get eight of us in. Find their pricing here. You get to feed goats, deer, donkeys, llamas (be careful, they do spit. Watch the video and you'll see) There are so many animals to view and interact with. They have daily presentations with special animal experiences. Small animals and large.

We held an opossum (it was so sweet, and my teens favorite part of the day) pet a tiger - oh yeah, I already mentioned that. Pet a bear cub, saw an elk up close......and had chimpanzee feces hit me in the face. No joke a chimpanzee named Daphne (that's my youngest daughters name) threw poop at us and hit me in the face - I left that little detail out of the video.

Bottom line - if you are coming to Oregon this is a MUST VISIT park. And nobody is paying me to say that. I'm just a child at heart, animal loving mom who felt in heaven here. And if you home school? so many opportunities to teach your children. Can you imagine how much more exciting each of these animals, their habitats, the countries & continents they live on, will be to study after they've held, pet, and fed them? Everyting is easier to learn when you have had a hands on experience. EVERYTHING.

Don't believe me? Watch the video below to see how my children are touched emotionally by these amazing creatures.


Want More?

Find our entire

 Graves 8 - Family Adventure Series on Youtube HERE.

Comments

Popular Posts