Kid's Comic Emails

A mother of eight, I insist that my children are schooled from home until at least High School. However, being a college student myself, keeping up with planning lessons and finding curriculum can be a bit of a challenge. For that reason, I decided to put my older three children into an online school this year (which has plenty of stress on its own).

If you are not familiar with what online school is, basically, they ship curriculum computers etc. to my front door, then there is an online planner that tells me what to teach my kids everyday. They also have "teachers" (as I am now labeled the "learning coach" even though I am doing the majority of the teaching), and there are interactive courses, games, and online lessons with their real live teachers two times a week.

So, now that you know what online school is, I can share the comic info I came here to give you.

Any time one of my children emails one of their teachers, I automatically get a copy. Twice this year, I laughed so hard I about fell out of my chair. It almost made me envious of the teachers, as they must get a good laugh out of what their students write, quite often:

First, child #3 (a second grader) sent this to her teacher. To get the full effect, you really must sound it out, and read ouloud:

The subject line read: moltbcashin

The body read:
techer i now tims now and a lot of it hir wash this 31x2=62 see im good hers a nother oun 40x2=80 10x2=20 thats pretey much oll i now on tims but i oso now adishon hyirs a copol 32+32=64 32+42=74 70+12=82 but iy oso now subtraxshin hyirs a copol 12-12=0 32-11=21 well thats all yor stodint (child #3's name, spelled correctly, thankfully.)

And yesterday, I got a copy of this message that our oldest daughter(11) sent to her teacher, after receiving a message that her teacher had intended to send to another little boy another good laugh:

dear miss ____________ I believe you sent this k-mail to the wrong person because as far as i know my name is not billy thanks

Well, at least they know their names, which means I'm not failing completely...I hope.

Life is All Surreal. Don't let the stress of what's at hand keep you from enjoying the happiness that it also has to offer.

MJB

Comments

Popular Posts