The Oh So Social Internet..?

Hello. To those of you who know me, or have read my blog before, I'm sure you know a few basic facts about me.

1. I am a mother of 7 (soon to be more)
2. I am a wife (good thing since I have seven kids)
3. For some reason we choose to add chickens, dogs, and cats to the seven kids we have.
4. I run a business with my husband

and

5. Last fall I decided to go to college - I have nothing else to do after all, why not?

You'll notice if you browse through the articles on this page, they greatly decreased after I went back to school - out of necessity in keeping what little sanity I had.

I have desperately missed blogging, which by my definition is removing old thoughts from my head, so I have room for some new ones. NOTE: I have to do this with messages in my phone also...so you understand why I miss it, right?

I haven't only been away from blogging But I have been away from social networking all together. Social networking...hmm. Really is the Internet a way to socialize? or more of a tool to stalk your friends family...and enemies? Either way, it's an outlet I both miss, but have been glad to be without too.

Enough of that internet randomness, now onto the the thought I came here wanting to share:

A few days ago...(the magical beginning of our story - felling it?)

My husband, the children, and I were returning home from a picnic on a gorgeous summer afternoon with his extended family- the kids were sleeping, and the drive was along some very scenic country roads. I was in a white strapless summer dress, and he was in a pale blue button down shirt with khaki shorts.

The children had all fallen asleep in the car which resulted in a few rare moments of silence. A few moments of silence where I was able to step back and evaluate life.

During those moments I simply looked at my husband and smiled. I smiled because I love him, I smiled because I am thankful for the beautiful children God has given us together, I smiled because although I desperately did not want to become pregnant again after #5, and #7, God blessed me anyway (and I wouldn't change it for anything). But mostly I smiled because I it's moments like this; when all the stress of life is not at the forefront, that I am able to sit back and realize how truly happy I am.

Sure there's lots that needs to be done, and some of it yesterday, and yeah the cats dying and someone needs staples in their head, but in the scope of life, those are just scratches on the surface...right?

I'll tell myself that anyway, for now

Life is All Surreal. I only wish the screaming child next to me would just go to bed and see it that way.

MJB

Comments

Popular Posts