Fall Nostalgia

I love Autumn! From the crisp clean morning air, to the colors of the falling leafs, it is my favorite time of year.

As a child, we heated our home with a wood stove. Now every year when the house begins to feel a bit chilled in the morning, I feel a little butterfly stir in my stomach, knowing that any day we are going to begin burning the wood stove. I love the smell, I love the penetrating heat, I even enjoy keeping the fire going. (And watching my cute husband chop firewood.)

In remembrance of being young, and the traits, memories and the like that get passed from one generation to the next, I have put together some photos from my childhood, with similar scenes of my children. Enjoy!





At the beach.





Bathtime.







Favorite pastime on the swing set.




Hiking on old logging roads.




Make believe in a land locked boat.






Carosaul rides.




Same dog.  (almost)









Life is All Surreal.  It passes too quickly, enjoy it while it lasts.

MJB

Comments

Popular Posts