Childlike curiosity

Tonight I find my self staring at the computer feeling very uninspired. That probably means I didn't spend enough time with my children today. Which is exactly the reason every time I begin to type I hear little footprints behind me trying to see what's up. And when they realize mommies in "the zone" they sneak into the kitchen and rob some chocolate covered almonds, the only sweet thing in the house. If it wasn't for the fact that jealous siblings are sure to report the sweet thieves, I wouldn't even know they'd been in the kitchen.

What is it about being a kid that is so magical. I remember never wanting to fall asleep in fear that I would miss some wonderful moment in life. And now, though I try to enjoy each moment, sleep has become a precious retreat. Actually my bed is probably one of the few things I look forward to seeing every day.

So I have decided to try something new. I am going to try to face each decision and action this week (or what remains of the week) with childlike curiosity. I'll try and notice the details, and be fascinated by the little things that I so often glaze over.

Every time a child interrupts me, to show me that oh so special flower, I'm going to stop what I'm doing and join them in their fascination. Most likely by the end of the week, my house will be a shambles, BUT the house will always be there to clean, before I know it the children will be gone, and the memories I missed, will leave with them.

I let you know how it goes, Who knows maybe I'll chose childlike curiosity as a new way of life.

Life is All Surreal, If the little things can't make you smile anymore, then nothing will. Happiness is a choice, make it last.

MJB

Comments

Popular Posts