To Be A Child

Although I'm just ending a lovely bout with the flu, I have had the pleasure of nephews and nieces staying overnight today and yesterday.

Last night I was able to glimpse back into childhood for just a moment, while watching my son and nephew excitedly return bottles and cans that had been given to them by grandma and grandpa.

Each boy earned a whopping $4 and as I waited for them at the front of the store I watched their excitement of new responsibility shine through each fidget, thumbs up and raising of the eyebrow.

I truly want to restore that desire to "live" rather than "be" in my life.

Seriously when was the last time you returned bottles and cans, being so excited you couldn't hold still in line. Standing tall, obviously proud of what you had, and wanting everyone to know it.

Okay, okay you're right if an adult were to walk that way through the store after returning bottles and cans everyone else would think he was crazy.

Crazy or not, I envy children, in their innocence, awe, trust and confidence. They aren't living to please others, they're living just to live, and enjoy. That is something I think the rest of us could do more of.

For now, Life is All Surreal. Follow your passion, and live your dream, Fitting in will never satisfy.

MJB

Comments

Popular Posts