Go With The Flow


It's Amazing the thoughts a simple event can lead too.

Today I took a trip to the coast with my Mom, Sister and our children. Along the way I noticed a lovely planter on the side of the road which triggered a funny memory from the past. This particular planter was across the road down a small driveway just over the tracks on the edge of some trees planted in the front of some one's yard.

The planter happened to be a toilet, in which the bowl and the tank had been filled with dirt, and planted with beautiful flowers. I can't help but wonder if I witnessed the inspiration of this very planter just last year during the drive of our yearly Coast trip.

Last year I brought a friend along with us to the Coast. We'll call her Jill. Although the drive to Nye beach is very scenic, there aren't many large towns OR public places along the way. That being said, when Jill realized about half way through the drive, she had to go to the bathroom, I suggested we pull over and she use the ditch on the side of the road.

Jill not being very versed in women's outdoor pottying, insisted that there must be SOMEWHERE soon that had a public restroom she could use. So we continued to drive for 15 minutes or so when Jill realized that there is no time like the present to learn a new skill. She quickly pointed to the side of the road and said "STOP THERE".

I did as she commanded, and expected her too get out and pee along our side of the road. I then watched as Jill walked to the front of the car, crossed the road and proceeded to walk down a little country home's driveway.

Jill crossed the tracks, at which point I thought maybe she was going to walk up to the front door and ask to use their pottying facilities. When to my surprise Jill stopped. She looked at a little patch of trees, stepped just out of view, and . . . . well you know what happens next.

When Jill returned to the car I asked her "Did you realize that was somebodies driveway, and their house is just behind those trees?"

She looked at me absolutely mortified and said, "go go go!"

Evidently her bladder had become so full that she wasn't seeing strait.

Now, the kind people from that little old country home, have placed a toilet on the edge of their little patch of trees. I suppose they did this in remembrance of "going with the flow".

Oh yes, Life is All Surreal. There are times when we have absolutely no control and in these delicate situations I think it best just to go with the flow.

MJB

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts