Beast or Creator

Something I've thought about long and hard is:

Why doesn't everyone follow their dream?
And though I'm no scholar, this question has led me to several more questions and thoughts of possible reasons why.

Now I'll be honest. I hate "religion" I think it's the most evil thing that has ever existed. Yet love God with my whole being, believe in and read the Bible, and definitely am grateful for my freedom to believe as I want. That being said, most Americans seem to know a few of the main themes in the Bible, one being the end times, which is written much about in Revelations, (the last book of the Holy Bible).

One of the things end times prophecies speak about often is "the beast"
Now, I think it very possible that, just as Jesus spoke in parables to the people of his day, God had much of the Bible written in parables too.

Seriously, if you Truly desire something of worth, you are willing to seek it out, no matter how hard. You'll do everything possible to acquire that thing of worth. So it only makes sense that the creator, if he had important truths to impart, would do it in a way that only fervent seekers would get it. (At least that's what I choose to believe)

I don't claim to be a scholar, or even to be right, but here are where my questions that led to questions that led to thoughts brought me.


1. What's the main difference between man and beast (beast as in other creatures, animals etc.).

I think it is that man can create. Really other than that we're much like animals, eat, sleep, work for food, reproduce etc. I would even venture to say beasts each have a unique personality. But what beast creates or invents things simply for enjoyment?

2. So this question/thought led me to: If the difference between man and beast is that man can be creative and beast cannot, then What is there that steals man's drive to be creative and follow their passion?

Hmmmmm. How about the nine to five, and the desire to survive comfortably the way society says you should. Or the desire to fit in and be like everyone else. The bondage placed on one's shoulders when he goes into debt, so he can seem important by the things he has acquired.

3. Which led to the thought: Stress from society, leaves us creatively exhausted by the end of each day, and literally steals the one special trait given to us when the Creator created us in His image.

In other words he created us to create. He placed a different desire and passion and talent in each of us, and then said "go for it".


So in my mind the beast is not what you can see, but something greater than that. The beast is any controlling power that steals from you the uniqueness of YOU. By stealing the desire and drive to fulfill your passion and live out your dreams, by using the talents the Creator gave you to do that very thing he placed passion in your heart for.


To most of you this may be a lot of nothing, but it is a string of my thoughts. You may not like what's in my head, but I'm okay with that. Cuz I am who I am, and I refuse to let any Beast steal that from within me. :)

Life is All Surreal. What are you living for?

MJB

Comments

  1. Interesting post, philosophical I can say.
    I'm living for.. interesting question.
    My mother said when I was child: I think you are an angel, on of those who examine people, to see how people can be in peace with a crazy child like you :)
    You wrote about man, man creates. Well, I'm living for creations. I must create, create joy, a moment of smile for other people. I hope I will accomplish my mission.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts